Owyhee River Fishing Report
Fishing has been getting more and more consistent as we move further into the 50’s and 60’s for our daytime highs. The question on everyone’s mind “are the skwala’s out?” and the answer is yes! We have had excellent reports on catching fish on top with adult skwala patterns. Beyond that, midge patterns and baetis (BWO) patterns are working great as well. Nymphing and streamers continue to be consistently picking up some beautiful brown trout and some large healthy rainbows.
- black/red/brown – Zebra Midge #16-22
- black/pearl – UV Z-Midge #16-22
- brown/red – San Juan Worm #10-16
- red/copper – Brassie #16-20
- Rouge River Skwalla #10-12
- Bullet Head Skwalla #10-12
- Olive Smith’s Cripple #18-20
- Black/grey – CDC Midge Adult #18-20
- olive/black/red/black – Simi Seal Leech
- black/white/yellow/olive – Dungeon
- black/olive – Cheech leech
For the safety of our customers & our employees, all of our fly shops are temporarily closed to walk-in shopping.
To make a purchase, please call one of our shops and we will deliver your flies, gear, or fishing supplies curbside! You can reach the Eagle Fly Shop at (208) 939-6065. Pickup 9am – 5pm – Monday thru Saturday
Here are some realtime charts for the Owyhee River.