Boise River Fly Fishing Report
In Town: Spring has sprung, and the fishing has been hot! Fishing with bead headed nymphs under an indicator or a euro-style rig has been producing some great fish. If you’re looking to target a large brown or rainbow trout, now is a great time to do so on a streamer pattern as well. We have seen some extraordinary fish caught lately, some approaching 24-inches and even larger. If you’re on the fence on the river through town, this is a great time to go exploring before the water rises.
- Olive, Brown, Black – Rubber Leg Stonefly #6 -10
- Tan, Red – San Juan Worm #10-16
- Black, Red – Zebra Midge #16 –22
- Dark Olive, Light Olive, Black, Brown – Two Bit Hooker #16-20
- Black Hanging Midge #18-22
- Black, Red – Palomino Midge #18-22
- Olive – RS2 #16-20
- Olive Captive Dun #18-20
- Black/white/olive/brown – Complex Twist Bugger
- Black/white/olive/brown – Wooly Bugger
- Black/white/olive/brown/yellow – Barely Legal
- Olive/black/red – Simi Seal Leech
For the safety of our customers & our employees, all of our fly shops are temporarily closed to walk-in shopping.
To make a purchase, please call one of our shops and we will deliver your flies, gear, or fishing supplies curbside! You can reach the Eagle Fly Shop at (208) 939-6065. Pickup 9am – 5pm – Monday thru Saturday