Three Rivers Ranch Fly Fishing Guide School
May 11-18 or October 14-21 | All Inclusive $2100.00 per guide
Interested in becoming a Fly-Fishing guide? Take your passion of fly-fishing to the next level. Three Rivers Guide School is designed to prepare you for a professional career as a fly fishing guide or simply increase your knowledge and skills of the sport. Learn on the Henry’s Fork, South Fork of the Snake, and other tributaries of the Henry’s Fork in East Idaho.
What You Will Learn:
- Advanced Fly-Fishing Techniques
- Casting Techniques
- Reading The Stream
- Wading Techniques
- Learn on the Legendary Henry’s Fork and South Fork of the Snake River
- Managing Client Relationships
- Building relationships with clients
- Exploring different teaching styles
- Maintaining a client list
- Rules and Regulations
- Fish & Game
- Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, & Yellowstone Park
- Equipment, Teaching and Etiquette
- Purchase, Store & Maintain Equipment
- Teaching novice to experienced anglers
- Guide Etiquette & Conduct
- Safety First
- CPR & First Aid Certification
- Rescue Procedures, Handling Emergency Situations
- Outdoor Education and History
- Flora & Fauna
- Names & History of the area Mountain, Rivers, & Lakes
- Knot Tying
- Basic and advanced knots
- Tips on quick changes for clients and how to maneuver boat safely in this situation
- Rowing Progression
- Reading the water
- Putting your client in the right place
- Guide Opportunities.
- Resumes, Contacting Outfitters, & Landing a Job
- Learn Three Rivers Ranch Trade Secrets
- Included in the TRR Guide School:
- Airport Transportation
- Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
- Accommodations in our Robinson Lodge
- Open Bar at graduation!
- Lot’s More!
What makes Three Rivers Ranch different?
- We have 5 locations throughout the State of Idaho
- Orvis Lodge Of The Year.
- Orvis Guide Of The Year & Fly-Fishing Legend Doug Gibson, a 40+ year veteran.
- We are a 4th Generation family-owned business & have been in business for nearly 100 years.
- Several guides have been with us for over 20 years.
- We maintain a 90% return rate over a two-year period.
- We have several 3rd and 4th Generation Family guests.
Anyone can take our guide school. It’s built for any fly fishing fanatic that wants to learn more about the sport, fish better, row a boat, start a new career, or simply have a life changing experience! What are you waiting for?